Monday, July 9, 2007

One Local Summer, Meal 3

I made our local meal early this week because it's back to NYC for me until Friday afternoon. This week's meal consists of pork ribs in the crockpot with rice, broccoli and green tea with mint.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Ribs - Leidy's in Souderton (91 miles). Cooked in the crockpot with my homemade barbecue sauce.

Rice - Thailand (so not local!)

Broccoli - Manheim (2 miles)

Green tea with mint - Green tea bags from Trader Joe's, mint from Schaefferstown (17 miles)

2 comments:

meresy_g said...

mmmm....I love barbecues ribs. Yeah, rice is pretty much impossible to do local. Your meal looks great!

Faith said...

I decided when I started this that rice would be the only thing I wouldn't bother trying to get locally. I figured if I made most of the meal from local ingredients it would be okay.