Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Asher's Graduation Party - Revised

This past weekend was my nephew Asher's high school graduation party. We had a lot of fun and some great food. It was so good to sit around with my mom and my sisters again and make each other laugh. Jeanne had everyone cracking up with her imitation of my mom putting on her Aquanet hairspray in the 60s (with her bouffant) and of mom complaining when we went on the boardwalk in Sea Isle City NJ that the shore was just horrible for her hair. I brought up the story of my sister, Bev, and her husband, Bob, going to Home Depot for something. When they got out to the car Bev said, "Do you have your nuts?" To which Bob replied, "Yes, do you have your tits?" Good times! My mom joined in on the fun -- for some reason or other she started talking about a rapist in Center City Philadelphia who, after raping his victims, will suck on their toes. This was truly disturbing and really brought the room down. Not because a guy is sucking women's toes, but because my mom was talking about it. Um... gross much? On the plus side, she was totally flummoxed that someone would do that as a sex act, so at least it's not like she told us that she's got a new boyfriend and that's what they're doing. I think that would send me screaming from the room. Ew. I just really creeped myself out.

Anyway, Onil didn't really take very many pictures (and I guess I didn't either, but I don't really like the camera). The only picture of Asher is in the accomplishments picture. You'll see a photo of him in his band uniform on the table with his diploma and awards. And there are no shots of the guests. Enjoy what little is there, though, and look how cute my mommy is! I love this picture of her.

Click here to see a brief slide show of Asher's Graduation party.

1 comment:

ArchangelXAmy said...

Mom! Look how tiny you are! JK ^^