Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Onil's Awesome Coin Purse

Well... I was told that I have to call it awesome. Onil thinks it is, anyway. He's been wanting to get one of those leather coin purse kits ever since Amy and Anna came back from Mt. Gilead with leather bracelets. I noticed this kit in AC Moore over the weekend and pointed it out to him, and that was it. He just had to have it. Fortunately, it was only a dollar.

Here's the finished product, which he completed today. He's so proud of it. I think we're lucky that he didn't put all of this on top of Kitty before he took the picture. Also, please note the plastic safety needle. That's so my 30 year old husband doesn't injure himself while making his owl coin purse.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Faith said...

I also see that he use a different stitch than the picture on the package. In all fairness to him, the directions don't show you how to make that stitch (although it doesn't really look that complicated). I probably would have gone with a blanket stitch.

PM said...

That coin purse sure is a beaut. Good work, Onil! And bravo to him for having the courage to carry a purse. Don't let the taunts of the masses get you down. Stay gold, Pony Boy!

Faith said...

Funny update: the googly eyes fell off the owl coin purse. Poor Onil was so upset.